7/16/09

Lull-a-bye

So....I'm in a little bit of a lull.  Trips always do this to me - they ruin my momentum.  I eat poorly, miss a few workouts, gain a couple pounds and VOILA I'm bummed out and in a lull.    So while in Idaho I gained a few pounds and this week I'm not making the kind of progress I want to.  Instead I'm just trying to get back to where I was before the holiday.  So that's two weeks lost.  Bummer, eh?  

Another thing putting me in a lull is the fact that I need to go to the grocery store.  I don't have enough healthy choices around here so I get hungry and mad and end up hating weight watchers.  

Put it together and what have you got?  Me feeling more fat than ever.  Isn't it horrible how we do that to ourselves?  When we are having a hard time working out instead of getting all motivated we beat ourselves up and feel five times bigger than the day before.  And for the record let me say that I HATE walking in and out of Gold's Gym.  Seriously - at the grocery store I may be a normal pudgy young mom but at Gold's Gym I am a seriously overweight woman in her 40's.  Ugh.  Oh well, here's a comic strip to give you a laugh...

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm kind of similar. I had a rough evening emotionally. It drained me so thoroughly that I didn't think I could move my body enough to work out. So instead I made some brownie batter and ate that. Yeah, that was helpful. Working out probably would have instantly lifted my mood. Maybe if that happens again, I'll plan to go on a walk if I can't psych myself up to do a full-intensity workout.

Holladay Photo said...

I agree, it's so hard to get motivated for a workout. I'm convinced it's the exhaustion that mom's have built into their lives. It sounds like you enjoy swimming though! I also, the gym is one of my least favorite places to visit...I avoid gyms at all costs.

Hey- thanks for such generous and nice comments about the remodel. Coming from you (a creative artist)- it's quite a compliment!
xo,
patria