11/21/09

Dang that wind!

Today I was really excited to go running. I thought I'd go further, faster, and have more fun. I mean it - I really felt that. I got my ipod stocked with some good tunes, put on my new gloves, and not to mention I got 9 hours of sleep. Seriously - I went to bed at 10:30 PM and didn't have to get up until 7:30 PM. Thank you children! Anyhow, I went out and it was going well until it was time to turn around - and the BAM! the wind hit. I knew it was gonna be bad because it was literally pushing me on the way out, but I had no idea it was going to be so bad. It was like crazy wind - like, spit in the wrong direction and you are in trouble wind. So I died on the way back. Bring on that snow storm, crazy wind!

But in other news, I'm doing pretty well. I'm working my mileage up and my knees are doing better. I have to stretch for like 10 full minutes beforehand and then have my knees taped and then watch my form but it's working. I'm still not running very far but I'm trying not to think about it. I'm staying positive. Though the other day I saw some girls status on facebook say she lost 4 pounds last week. And it was hard not to get discouraged. Though I haven't been doing weight watchers for real. I need to update my credit card with them and in the mean time I've been slacking on that end. Oh well, at least it's going down slowly rather than not at all. As soon as my mileage increases again I'm sure it will speed up. I am sure of it.

p.s. I realized one of my goals on here was to be in the 130's by Christmas and that there is NO way I'll be there unless I don't eat anything until then - literally I'd have to stop eating all together to be there. So I got a little discouraged but then I decided to screw that and not worry about it. So I took that off my goals. I've decided not to give myself dated deadlines for weight. And in other news, Asher just weaned himself so I'm free! Maybe that will help a little too.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't be discouraged. I think the 4 pounds was a fluke and I also had only lost like .5 lbs. for the last 3 weeks even though I was working so so so hard. It may have just taken several weeks for the 4 to come off. I guarantee it's never happened before and probably won't again. 4 lbs a week would be really unsafe. You're doing awesome - probably far better than me!

Sheree said...

You are doing it the right way--and sometimes that takes time. I stopped giving myself deadlines too because I realized I don't have a ton of control over what I weigh. If I am eating well, and exercising, it WILL come off eventually. Last week I was really discouraged that I've been running consistently and lifting too with no results scale-wise. Then I lost two pounds out of the blue and I can tell my clothes are getting looser. Progress is what counts I guess.

And it is nice to see improvement in endurance, and strength. It all makes a difference.

megan said...

Leslie - well, I still think four pounds is amazing. I lose about .5 a pound a week too so a four pound week every once in a while would like SERIOUSLY make my day, week, month...

Sheree - you are right. And you are hot so two pounds must make you unbelievably hot. Someday...