4/4/08

Day Zero - 4 weeks left of pregnancy

Well, I've still got 4 weeks left and yet I've already hit the big number. I was hoping to finish at this to have a really clean number to start my descent from but alas...it may not happen. I think I'm actually 197 or something so perhaps I can keep it right around 200 still. The doctor told me today that the baby seems to be around 6 lbs. so I can at least count on losing that much! Actually, I don't think I'll really know what I'm dealing with until about 3 weeks after the baby is born. I usually shed quite a bit of weight until then and at that point it starts a much slower decent. I am excited though. For some reason I don't feel too depressed at this point. Well, most days I don't. I'm just sick of heaving my body around - trying to turn over in bed or to squat to look under the couch looking for little shoes. I am kind of excited for the journey I have ahead. Kind of like before a marathon. I am nervous but still confident that it can be done. And what exactly needs to be done, you ask? Well, my healthy weight, if I am exercising, is 130 lbs. on the dot. If I want to be HOT, you ask? I need to be 120-125 lbs. We'll start with 130 and go from there.

Now, on the subject of weighing 200 lbs. If someone had told me I was EVER going to weight that much - EVER in my life, unless I was having triplets or something, I wouldn't have believed them. Or maybe I would have believed but I would have been completely HORRIFIED. But when my weight just kept coming it was almost like I was in some sort of place where I couldn't feel depressed - I'm just too tired to get that worked up about it, I guess. I also didn't know it would be so easy to get to that weight. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was talking to a friend who had just had a baby and she told me she was weighing at around 210 when the baby was born - nearly 80 lbs. overweight. I was so flabbergasted that I just burst into laughter. I couldn't imagine someone my size weighing that incredible weight! And now, here I am! I was a little hesitant to share my real weight on here because I know some of you will be like me and think, "WOW! How on earth!?" but oh well, I laughed and now I will let you laugh too. And, it's not that interesting to read about a fat mom running off her weight if you don't know what that weight is! I am going to try and make this blog as candid as possible. Notice though, that this first picture is not a full body shot and it's taken from the side - I guess I'm not completely ready to put it all out there yet.

In any case, I'll update you with my final pregnancy weight in a few weeks. After that, this blog can really get going. So hold tight and come back in about a month and join me in my journey!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I reached 203 with Savanna...and I cried at the doctor's office at that weigh-in. I'm only down to about 175 now...SO far to go...

megan said...

Oh good, I'm not alone! I didn't cry when I hit 200 - I turned to Mike and said, "Should we go out to lunch to celebrate?" I must be in serious denial or something.

Patria said...

I'm sure this blog will strike a chord with many women and mommies alike. I remember the concern I felt when my weight surpassed my husband's weight in my second pregnancy. He hovers around 165 and I think I hit 170. He's a 6'4" man so I was worried. But maybe worried that he's so skinny! (: This is a fun and interesting journey to document. It will make the whole process more fun.

Kathy said...

i also cried in the doctor's office at my last appointment when i had hannah. pregnancy weight is a beast.

sarah said...

i gained 55 pounds when i was pregnant with elliot!!

it took me about a year to get it all off.