11/4/08

Tricks or treats?

Ok, so I'm pretty proud of myself because I've made it 5 days so far without eating any Halloween candy. Also, I'm doing pretty well on that new diet thing. For breakfast I have a slimfast by itself and then for lunch I have a slimfast with half a turkey sandwich. Today I added a frozen banana to the shake in the blender and it totally tastes like a good milkshake. Then in the afternoon I can have a snack if I can find anything healthy that sounds good. For dinner I just eat a healthier dinner. I'm not eating just a chicken breast with veggies - I'm eating pretty normally. And my rules don't apply to dinner. If we have pasta and it has some cheese in it I still eat it. So far it has been helping. For a couple weeks there my weight was slowly creeping up. But now the upwards trend has stopped and in fact I've gone back down a few pounds. If that worries you, know that what I weigh now is exactly what I weighed the night before I had Andrew. And I had gained 36 pounds with that pregnancy. So, I'm good. My ultimate goal would be to stay where I am for the rest of the pregnancy. That would mean losing weight because I will be gaining blood and tissue - and of course a bigger baby along the way.

My exercise has been nonexistent this week. I have tried not to lay around as much but I haven't made it over to the gym for almost 7 days. But I'm ok - I'm going tonight. I think it's important not to get down about missing. All that will come of it is that you'll miss more. So I just say, "Whoops, I need to get over to the gym!" So, anyhow...how are you guys doing?

3 comments:

Michael Knorpp said...

Not so good, I have had lots of Halloween candy, in fact I bought another bag of it because it was half price. I haven't watched what I have been eating and I haven't gone running in over a week. I'm going to be huge!

Unknown said...

shut it Michael!

Chris and Jamie said...

Michael should never post on this blog. Too Skinny! Go Megan. I lost 5 lbs with my last pregnancy. My doctor gave me crap but I was 40lbs overweight before I got prego. It felt great having Cooper and All the weight that literally went with it. I think what you are doing is very healthy and Okay. Just keep telling your doctor that you are exercising and eating well. He should not give you any trouble about not gaining weight. Keep it up, I am proud of you.