8/29/09

My new "barefoot" shoes...

Photobucket

It's funny to call them that since you aren't barefoot but it's as close as it gets, I guess. I wore them all afternoon and then on my run in the evening. They felt great - I was so happy to not have to worry about little pebbles stabbing me in the heel but I do have two little hot spots on the bottom of my big toes. I was expecting some blisters so I'm ok with that. They're called Vibram Five Fingers. Here's a shot from the side so you can see there isn't much there on the bottom. They fit really snug and and very light.


I thought this was a funny image - I look like a gray-footed hobbit or some sort of cyborg.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about the looks you get at the gym wearing those babies.

Matt said...

Good luck with the new shoes. If you aren't going barefoot, VFF's are probably the next best thing.

Kathy said...

those are cool! ha ha ha on the hobbit feet. :)

Sheree said...

Those are cool! And I tried a two mile run barefoot the other day because you really piqued my interest. I think my ankles kinda hurt. But I am going to try it again. Kinda cool.