5/11/09

The Biggest Loser and me.


So, this spring I started watching ABC's Biggest Loser and I quickly became an addict. I couldn't believe the strides these people were making and how much it was motivating me! This season I have been totally in awe of Tara - who I hope wins tomorrow night by the way! She started out at 296 lbs and is now down in the 180's somewhere. And she did it by sheer determination - working her tail off the whole season. Can you believe how great she looks? I'm going to channel my inner Tara tonight on my first workout in a LONG time. I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Megan,

I am a total fan of BL too. I seem to keep gaining and losing the same 35 lbs every two years or so, and frankly, it's a little depressing to keep doing the same thing over and over (sisyphus). Anyway, BL helps motivate me and makes weight loss more fun. It's like listening to the Dave Ramsey show and being motivated to do good things with your money.

Plus if those big old fatties can do it...well, I guess I can keep up with them! And, this is very cheesy to admit, but I always cry at the finale. I am just sooo happy for them!

(sorry for such a long comment)

Kevin Pratt said...

She is such a good role model for weight loss. She was a hard worker. Remember that she didn't have any handicaps other than her own willpower though, i.e., 4 boys (two of them babies), a house, husband, a move, etc. She had a personal trainer and a chef. With that in mind, just admire and try to emulate her positive, focused will to drop the pounds....and be grateful that you only have half the amount of weight she had to lose. You will be able to do this.