9/11/08

The bees knees...

I am happy to say that I think my knee problem is under control. First thing I did was get some new shoes from the Runner's Corner. I love that place. They once again looked at my running cadence or whatever you call it. And because of their recommendation, I always get my running shoes bigger than my normal size(size 8) and this time the shoes I ended up with are a size 10! And they feel awesome...

Another trick the guys gave me at the store was to put the treadmill at a slight incline - like really slight - a 1.0. That way the ball of my foot would be hitting the belt first. And that, put together with the new shoes, has alleviated the pain! Finally!

Anyhow, overall the training is going well - slowly but well. I definitely have down days/times where I am so frustrated with my size/weight where all I want to do is sit in front of the TV and be angry. But luckily I recognize them for what they are and it helps them to pass more quickly. For now, at least.

Anyhow, how are you guys doing? Especially you Stephanie...where are you!?

1 comment:

Chris and Jamie said...

I love the Runner's Corner. Did they show you how to tie your shoes correctly? It makes a huge comfort difference.