9/8/08

I have found my tri.

Today was my first official day of training and it got me excited to find a race. I went to this website and looked for one. I wanted something soon enough to keep more going so I was a little bummed to see that the last race of this year is in November down in St. George and that the first one of next year isn't until June. Hmm...if I follow my 13 week plan strictly that takes me to the first week in December but that just won't do so...I am going to shorten my training to two months so I can run in a closer triathlon in Orem. It is a pool swim and it's the last thing you do so you don't have to worry about your hair freezing.

Though it's 9 weeks instead of 13 I think I can do it...heck, I'm still in my twenties - I better be able to! Anyone else want to join me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...it is tempting!

Chris and Jamie said...

I am sooo going to do this with you. I thought this was thanksgiving day and we are going to be out of town, but heck Nov.8 I am totally there. On the flip side, I am doing a 10k turkey trot in phoenix so I won't be able to do the 5k in october. Spending too much on races this year.

Katie said...

I think you're crazy!! But then I think about what you wrote last time I commented (about me being a loser) and I think it's an awesome goal and that you'll do fantastic!!

I think I'll set a goal to do a triathlon before I'm 30 :-) That will let me wuss out for a couple more years!