9/20/08

WAKE-UP CALL...or a lot can happen in a year.

This week has been disastrous for my training. I had a great workout on Tuesday and was feeling great and then I never went after that. I was ready to wipe the week from the books and not let it get me down when I saw this photo of me. This is from my church activity tonight. Now, I'm a photographer so I know about camera distortion but this ain't that. This is all me and this is a wake-up call. When I first saw this I was totally horrified. But why am I surprised? Do I think you can be 40 pounds overweight and only look slightly bigger than you normally do? Wow. Ok, it's time to stop fooling around. It's time to look at this photo every day instead of the quick glance in the mirror standing in a strange pose to look as thin as possible.

Just for some perspective here are some old photos of me.
This is my wedding day. I was skinny. I have always been terrified that someday some friend of my kids would come over and see my wedding picture and say, "Who's that?" and when they hear it's me say, "That's your mom?!" So floored that I was once thin. That cannot happen! Or would that be possible already? Maybe.
Here's a cheesy one of me but I just remember feeling soo huge and fat that day. If only I could go back to that!

And this is about a month after my miscarriage and two months before I got pregnant with this last one - in June of last summer. I was probably about 15 pounds heavier than normal. I saw this picture and was mortified by my size. I was so sad that you could see the outline of my gut. And now? I only dream of being that size. Will it ever come back?


I have a ways to go.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

you can do it megan. pictures are the biggest wake up call to me too.
anyway - natalie saw a wedding picture of me the other day and was like "whose that?! she's pretty!" thanks, honey.

OHTAHEITE said...

I would try looking at your diet. My trainer/nutritionist pal told me diet is 90%. No one should lose more than 10lbs a month, she said. But on the Candida Diet, I have lost 35lbs in not quite 3 months. I started on the Candida Diet July 7. You eat everything whole and healthy and cut out sugar, flour, vinegar, alcohol, even fruit for 3 months. After three months you move on to a less restrictive phase. The point of this diet is to cleanse your body of excess candida or yeast. The by product of the diet is that you feel a HELL of a lot better, and you lose weight. The cravings are bad for 2 weeks, but you have SOO much more energy and my mood improved. www.wholeapproach.com . It's free.