6/14/09

Highs & Lows

So, Saturday was a harder day for me. It all started during my workout. I was scheduled to ride the bike for 35 minutes and it wasn't too hard except that the seat was waaaay uncomfortable on the upright bike. And though I'd like to claim that was because it was a cheap or poorly built bike, I know the real reason is because my bum is too big for the seat.

After that I got home and was helping Mike move a mirrored cabinet and part of the time he was moving it I just got to stare at my reflection. While being forced to look at myself I realized I have been avoiding mirrors for the last little while and for good reason. Actually two good reasons, my gut and my bum.

Then I went to the store and tried on a shirt hoping to find some cute outfit to make myself feel more attractive. Not so, it just made me feel worse. But I did wander by the pantie section and got some of those corset-like underwear that holds you in. When I got home and put it on I hit the low of the lows. It was soo tight and so difficult to get up. I wanted to crawl into my closet and disappear. Then Mike came in and said, "Aren't they supposed to be that tight? Isn't that kind of the point?" Immediately I felt better and had hope - I tugged a little more to get them the rest of the way up. And then I had a high - I looked wayyyyy better - go tight panties! Anyhow, nothing really interesting. I just wanted to share the little things we experience every day that feed into the way we feel about ourselves.

No comments: