6/19/09

A no-brainer

Last night I went to power-pump and it was ridiculously hard. Once again I was by far the fat one in class only this time I couldn't get the spot with no mirrors by it so I had to see myself every once in a while. And I had to use my new motto when it comes to losing weight -
"Don't THINK about it - just DO it."
Because I can THINK of all sorts of reasons not to exercise or do this or that and if I THINK about it too much I get depressed or angry or all sorts of things so I just have to completely turn my brain off and not think. I am constantly fighting all of my thoughts - like having my finger in the hole in a dam. It's like I'm trying to hold off temptation - I've put up a lead wall in between me and my brain when it comes to my body, my weight, and my training program. In the past when I'd be getting in shape again I'd have days that my baby would wake up all night long -like the night before last - and I'd THINK, "Ok, so I don't have to exercise as hard or at all today." This time I can't afford those thoughts. Or the thoughts, "You are so fat, how did you ever let this happen?" Luckily when I want to take my finger out of the hole in the dam, Mike is there to reinforce me. He helps me to not worry about it, stop thinking, and just do it. I can't hold my brain off forever but I need to hold it off at least until I see some results and then I'll have the fuel to turn it off again. And that strategy is really helping.

No comments: