5/28/08

Well, I've started on my slimfast. I actually really like it because it takes the thinking out of the whole thing and it helps me remember how little I actually need to eat. I also use their website for motivation and more tips.

I've also come up with my running schedule to get me going. I love making charts and can't wait to get started with this one. Because I can't run before 6 weeks postpartum I'll be walking short distances for a few weeks. I am so out of shape that's the best way to start running anyhow. Here it is(click on it to see it larger):
In the bottom half of each box is the distance I'd like to go - and in the top half I fill in what I actually did that day. This is my first 6 weeks and I'm going to do it first thing in the morning to burn more fat. I also included a quote and some upcoming races to keep me focused and motivated. After a while I will choose a race to set as a goal and I'll let you all know about that.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been doing slimfast too- I love how it tastes so good (I get Chocolate Royale), but I also hate how it tastes so good cause I want to make a shake twice the size I'm supposed to.

Chris and Jamie said...

Go to smartcoach at runnersworld.com I lost 25 lbs using their running program.

megan said...

Jamie - I saw that you used that smart coach on your blog and I can't wait to use it - but you have to be running a few miles a week in order for it to work for you. My body isn't quite ready but in about a month I'm gonna be all over that thing!

RightHahn said...

I don't know if you have a Costco close to you or not - but their brand of slimfast is really good. Also, if you get carnation instant breakfast...and mix it with soy milk...it really keeps you satisfied:)