5/10/08

Day 9 - 185 lbs.

So, this morning I put on some size 12 jeans - and they are way too small. But I didn't take them off - I'm just sitting here in front of the computer in a ridiculously tight pair of jeans. I'm not going anywhere so I figured it was ok. For some reason I like to do that to myself when I'm losing weight. It's almost like a reminder of how far I am from where I need to be. In this case I have to take it in smaller steps since size 12 is NOT where I normally like to be. But it feels like a slightly normal size when a size 14 or 16 is really getting into darker territory. I won't be happy until I am in a size 6. Now when I say, "happy" I don't mean happy - I mean satisfied with my weight. I'm pretty happy now - besides the fact that I'm crazy because of my changing hormones.

I wonder what the measurement differences are between a size 14 and a size 6. Hmm...

So I went and looked it up at GAP - since I usually wear and like their jeans the best. Here's the skinny - pun kind of intended...

So , let's see...

I have 5 .5 or 6 inches to lose on my hips - maybe more...and 6 inches on my waist - now I know this isn't right since I've got my "empty house" - a new term I learned for a postpartum belly. But those are some starting figures just to think about.


Since it has only been just over a week since the surgery, I am still not able to drive - let alone exercise. I am thinking in the next couple weeks I will start taking small slow walks. Then eventually get to my running. Until then...

No comments: