6/24/08

Moving and not moving.

So, things are crazy here lately because we just moved from Texas to Utah. And because of that, I am more than a week behind on my running schedule. Thus my title - moving and not moving. The community we moved into has a little clubhouse with a workout room and yesterday I went to use the treadmill. I didn't get there until 10 PM because things are crazy with the move and having a new baby. I went in, turned on the TV and then a woman came in and said, "We're closed." She was the cleaning lady, there to lock up for the night. I felt a little defeated. So, I have to go today to make up for it. Before 10 o'clock at night too. And I'm hoping that this week I can finally see my scale end up in the 170's. I have a digital scale and I always see that number for a second and I hope it's going to stay but then it bumps up to 180.

It's totally frustrating to me that I can't break into the 170's. I was talking with a friend yesterday that said her mom would work and work after having a baby and nothing would move until at about 9 months when suddenly everything would just melt away. I like the sudden melting part of that story but not the 9 months. I just couldn't take it. Being overweight is really hard for me.

I do think though that hormones must be playing some role in this weight loss thing. I just don't see why my body is holding onto this weight so fiercely. But my feeling is that right now I have two parts of me playing tug of war. One side is my hormones saying, "Oh no you don't" and the other is my will power saying, "Watch me!" and in these next few weeks my will power is going to win this battle and pull my hormones right into the mud. Go will power!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

moving, or going on vacation, can be really hard when you are trying to lose weight. just think about how good you were doing before the move, and how you were really on the right track.
i've always heard "it takes you 9 months to put on the weight, give yourself at least that much to get it off". i'm still struggling to lose, and linus is 12 1/2 months - heh. also - i always lose about 4-5 pounds when i stop nursing after a year. my body is just one of those that holds on to some fat while nursing. so - blah on that. anyway - you can do this. you are there now - you'll get into your groove :)

Molly said...

Last night I was out to dinner with a couple of friends--one who is about to have a baby and has gained more weight than she wanted, and another who has a 1 1/2 year old. The one with the 1 1/2 year old gained over 40 pounds (she is a very little person) during her pregnancy and worked hard for a long time to get back to her teeny-weeny, should-not-be-allowed-to-be-that-cute size.

She made a good point when we were talking about her weight loss. She said that your body will know when to let it go. The weight may not come off when you think it should, but if you keep working hard, it will when it's ready. That's not to say you can't stop working hard, because then you can guarantee nothing will happen. But eventually it will kick in. Hang in there.