6/3/08

First walk down.

So I went for my one mile walk yesterday. I wore Mike's GPS so I could know exactly how fast and how far I was going. And even though I took it at a complete stroll pace - meaning a 25 minute mile - I was so tired at the end. I didn't break a sweat and I didn't breathe heavy in any way - but my body was beat at the end. Isn't that sad? While I was out I walked past a building with a bunch of windows and I could see my reflection. I didn't even recognize myself. I was totally caught off guard by my size. And then later I had to wait to cross the street as some college girls drove by and I was so embarrassed of my size. I wanted to wear a shirt that had my story on there to excuse myself. I can't do that though so I have to get in gear and get rid of it. So, I think next time I'm gonna need to pick the pace up a bit so that I am ready to jog a mile in a few weeks. Though if I go really fast - like a 12 or 13 minute mile walk - that's harding than jogging.

And of course my bleeding started up a little bit, but I don't care. My body will just have to get used to it. I don't have any time to spare.

No comments: