8/23/08

Oh my goodness - I just got back from my run and I can't believe that the music made such a difference! I ran at a 12 minute mile pace instead of a 14 min pace. And since I was alone in the gym I was pretty much dancing through a lot of my run. Some of the lines that really inspired me today were:

I'm a survivor,
I'm not gonna give up,
I'm not gon' stop,
I'm gonna work harder,
I'm a survivor,
I'm gonna make it,
I will survive,
Keep on survivin' ,
Survivor - Destiny's Child

Does the way I wear my hair make me a better person?
Does the way I wear my hair make me a better friend?
Does the way I wear my hair determine my integrity?
(I always substituted my body in place of hair in this song.)
I am not my hair - India Arie


In fact, Survivor saved me because it came right when I wanted to give up and when that chorus started I was totally lovin' it. I am totally listening to music next time!

2 comments:

RightHahn said...

I don't know why - but Hall and Oates "You Make My Dreams Come True" totally motivates me:) I think it's the beat combined with being such an iconic 80s song that gets me going.

I love the second verse:

On a night when bad dreams become a screamer
When they're messin' with a dreamer
I can laugh it in the face
Twist and shout my way out
And wrap yourself around me
Cause I aint the way you found me
And I'll never be the same - oh yeah!

I love your picks - I'll have to download some of them and try them out!

OHTAHEITE said...

Music is great for me too. I'm going to try Survivor and see if it works for me.

These songs are great for me: Try "Last Night" by Puff Daddy P. Diddy or whatever his name is now. It's a corny song, but the beat is so terrific.

Also "My love is your love" by Whitney Houston. That one keeps you going.

Also "Touch my body" by Mariah Carey.